Share Android Parlor NOW !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Do you find it hard to play touch screen games with directional buttons?

There are a number of Android games that feature an on screen directional button. At times, this control scheme is great like for instance Virtua Tennis. But for other games like side scrolling adventure games, I find the on screen directional button to be hard to grasp. What about you? Do you find it hard to grasp the controls of a game that has on screen directional buttons?

Thanks
    Sounds like you have the same dislike of virtual controls as I do. And that probably stems from the type if virtual controls used. For me the best is a free floating virtual analog stick (as long as your holding down on the left side o f the screen anywhere your using the analog stick). Worst is mapped static placed virtual directional buttons and then the dreaded virtual d-pad.

Thanks
    Cant use them either, I need to feel the controls.

Thanks
    My son seems to be doing fine with his android games. Perhaps it is a generation thing. We have gotten used to using physical controls that's why maybe we aren't doing so well with touch screen controls. I personally have a hard time too but my son has no problem with using onscreen buttons/controls.

Thanks
    I really find quite hard to use the directional buttons. It's lot more easier to just stick your finger to the screen and pull to the direction you want to go. Well, Minecraft's directional buttons are ok, but still...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tribie View Post
    My son seems to be doing fine with his android games. Perhaps it is a generation thing. We have gotten used to using physical controls that's why maybe we aren't doing so well with touch screen controls. I personally have a hard time too but my son has no problem with using onscreen buttons/controls.
    Yeah I guess so. Too much playing with consoles and PC games has probably lead us to thinking that in screen directional buttons are hard to use. Maybe I should take some lessons from your son regarding touch controls some time? Lol. Is there a way to attach a controller to our mobile devices so that it would become easier?

Thanks
    It depends on how the game is designed. There are many games which are especially designed to be used with touch controls and work wonderfully if done correctly.

However, all these games which are carbon copies of some of the popular console games and then overlaying the buttons on the game really makes the game frustrating. The controls never feel as good as the buttons and it pretty much becomes impossible to enjoy the game without getting frustrated.

Thanks
    I find it kind of hard to use. Really like the tactile feel of a analog stick or a d-pad. I saw an accessory once which dd it. Basically, it was placed on top of the touch direction button. It was a real button. You pressed it and it activated the touch direction button.

Thanks
    I totally agree with you. I hate game with directional buttons. It is because I find it very hard to control my character and I always move my thumb out of the directional button. I need to feel the control.

Thanks
    I find it a bit hard to use touch screen games with directional button. I'm more comfortable playing games without it. It is easier to control the games the way I like it. Still it depends on what game you are playing. But as for me I select game that doesn't require one.